Tourist visitors are not able to:
• Work in Australia. Limited volunteer work may be acceptable.
• Engage in any studies or training longer than three months
• If you are at least 11 years of age and you intend to study in a class-room environment for a period greater than 4 weeks, you may be required to pass a chest x-ray examination before commencing your studies.
• You must be free from tuberculosis at the time of travel to, and entry into, Australia.
• You must not have any criminal convictions, for which the sentence or sentences (whether served or not) are for a total period of 12 months duration or more, at the time of travel to, and entry into, Australia.
Submission for an eVisitor visa does not guarantee that the visa will be granted. Conditions such as a past criminal offence or other complications can cause an application to be denied.
If you intend to study in Australia for a period of more than 4 weeks, condition 8205 of your visa states that you need to pass a chest x-ray before you commence your study.
Please download Form 160 – Radiologist report on chest x-ray of an applicant for an Australian visa and ensure you have had the x-ray done if studying for more than 4 weeks.